6.20.2010

napa cabbage salad a la smitten kitchen

Last year we used our napa cabbage for an asian salad.  You know, that one with the ramen noodles and toasted slivered almonds?  It's a party favorite.  I enjoy it a lot but this year, I really wanted to try something different.  I found this recipe at smitten kitchen.  As soon as I saw the homemade buttermilk dressing and the radishes, I knew I had to give it a shot.  This salad is composed of sliced celery, diced radish, thinly sliced napa cabbage, and chopped chives.  These four ingredients are tossed with the buttermilk dressing.  It is that simple.  What a wonderful, fresh taste that went really well with the leftover BBQ ribs we had for dinner.

I loved this salad and I am so glad that I had the forethought to dress just part of it for dinner tonight and keep the rest separate.  I will enjoy some for lunch tomorrow too.  I loved that the dressing was tart and just a bit sweet.  It was a cinch to make and so, so good.  To me this salad just verged on being a slaw without actually heading all the way in that direction.   I most definitely would make this again and would serve it at a party.  The kids weren't really that interested, but I find it hard to get little ones very interested in anything with cabbage.

Here are a couple of other links that I might try if we get some more napa cabbage.  One is for a slaw and the other is for a stir fry.  I'll be sure to share it we give either of them a shot!

You have until midnight tonight to enter to win a fabulous cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment