6.18.2010

quiche and our version of lettuce wraps

I always get a summer hankering for quiche.  My son is lactose intolerant so I looked at a couple of recipes and came up with this...


1 frozen pie crust (I know.  Homemade would be better.  Next time...maybe.)

6 eggs
2 c. rice milk
salt
pepper
1 1/2 c. asparagus (cooked and chopped)
1/2 c. bacon (fried and crumbled)
1/4 c. red onion
1/4 c. fresh dill

Bake at 325 for about 45 minutes and then check every five or so until it is set in the middle.


Also, I've been wanting to make these lettuce wraps since a friend brought them over after Caroline was born. She said it's called bulgogi.

1 lb. beef top sirloin steak
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 green onions minced
2 cloves garlic minced

Trim fat from beef; cut beef diagonally across grain into 1/8 inch slices. (For ease in cutting, partially freeze beef about 1 1/2 hours.) Mix remaining ingredients; stir in beef until well coated. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.

Drain beef; stir fry in 10 inch skillet or wok over medium heat until light brown, 2-3 minutes. Serve beef over hot cooked rice if desired.

I served it in bibb lettuce for the adults and tortillas for the kids.

And speaking of the those kids, we're easing into veggies again. We always serve them, but not all this variety. Exposure's good, right?! We'll get there.

Lastly, if you have already make sure to enter the giveaway.

Glad you're here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah, that quiche looks sooooo good! I haven't made one in quite a while. I think I need to get on that. I love that you used the dill in it. I'm thinking quiche for Father's Day Brunch. I've got some dill, chives, potatoes, and onions around that would work well together. Thanks for the idea.
    I LOVE that you did the non-dairy recipe!

    ReplyDelete