10.18.2010

Apples

Our CSA season is officially over.  It felt like it was fast this year but maybe that's because things have been so busy.  We still have about a month or so worth of good Farmers Market time left.  I am so excited to be participating in a pilot program for a fall/ winter share program with Common Harvest, our CSA.  We are splitting a share with another family and will receive 2 drops of storage crops in November and one in December.  I'll keep on posting here when I come across great recipes to use with any local, in season goods.

For now, we are up to our ears in apples.  The "clean up" day at our favorite orchard was this weekend and we went for leftovers at 75 cents a pound.  We've made some applesauce already and I have plans to make and freeze some pies and crisps.  Head on over to my other blog, Young Ones, for an awesome apple cake recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment