6.30.2014

Pizza rolls

We have homemade pizza about once a week.  We all enjoy it, but sometimes it's nice to mix things up a bit.  A friend posted a picture on Facebook of some pizza rolls that she was making and I hopped on that idea.  I looked at a few different online recipes and then worked on my own version.


I used a basic pizza dough recipe that I found on line.  I rolled the dough into a large rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.  Then I added a thin layer of tomato sauce and our toppings.  This time it was thinly sliced onions, chopped spinach, basil, small pieces of salami, and mozzarella cheese.  I rolled the entire rectangle the long way (much like you would with cinnamon rolls) and then cut the roll into slices about 1.5 thick.  I placed the slices on a lined baking sheet and put them into a 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until they were melty and just starting to brown.  My recipe ended up giving me 13 pizza rolls, plenty for our dinner and lunch the next day.  I served the rolls along with a green salad of lettuce, spinach, and sugar snap peas.  Yum!

1 comment: